Our Fundraising team is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care to our supporters, without whom Handicap International's work would simply not be possible.
Therefore when you choose to support Handicap International UK, we promise to:
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly. Respect your wishes regarding how your donation is spent.
- Thank you for your support appropriately and quickly.
- Not sell or rent your personal details to other third party organisations in the UK.
- Deal with your personal information in confidence and store it securely.
- Never subject you to undue pressure in any form.
- Keep you updated on how your support helps disabled and vulnerable people.
- Endeavour to always abide by your preferences on how and how often we communicate with you.
- Be transparent in all our communications with you.
- Keep administration costs to a minimum.
- Be available if you have any enquiries and respond honestly and as promptly as possible.
Handicap International UK has made a public promise to adhere to best practice, honesty, transparency, clarity and accountability in all fundraising activity, enabling you to give with confidence.
We hope that our donor promise will build trust and confidence in charitable giving and, ultimately, encourage more people to provide vital support for disabled and vulnerable people all around the world.
We are an organisational member of the Institute of Fundraising, and are committed to complying with the Fundraising Code of Practice. This is held by the independent Fundraising Regulator which sets and maintains the standards for charitable fundraising, aiming to ensure that fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public.
Should you have any concerns about the way that we fundraise, we have a robust complaints process. We encourage you to get in touch with your feedback. And, if you are unsatisfied with the way we handle your concerns, you can also contact the Fundraising Regulator.
For more information on how to make a complaint, please read our complaints policy (pdf, 34kb).